The Trump administration announces a new round of U.S. sanctions on Cuba, with Secretary of State Marco Rubio announcing designations on Thursday against Cuban individuals and entities. The measures target leaders of the Cuban Institute of Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP) and expand to other state-linked organizations, according to the State Department.

Outlets report that the latest sanctions include entities such as Cuba’s Ministry of Construction and several state-owned enterprises in metals and mining. Rubio says the targeted groups help sustain the Cuban government’s “repressive apparatus” and that ICAP uses educational or cultural exchanges and hosts international brigades to support activities Washington calls subversive.

The reporting also includes Cuba’s response. Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez says the U.S. targets Cuban companies to harm Cuba’s economy and prevent the government from providing basic services. Both sources place the announcements within a broader U.S. pressure campaign launched earlier this year, amid concerns about Cuba’s alleged support for international adversaries and a wider claim of subversive activity in the United States.