The Edo State government says Afrobeats musician David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, is free to visit the state. The government responds to an online report alleging that Davido had been banned from entering Edo.

Edo’s Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Kassim Afegbua, dismisses the claim as false and says the state did not ban Davido. Afegbua also addresses a purported link between the ban and political disputes involving Davido and Edo Governor Monday Okpebholo after the recently concluded Osun governorship election.

While the outlets agree on the government’s position, the detailed messaging differs slightly: one report simply states that Davido is allowed to visit, while the other adds that Edo “remains home to all,” and that the state is willing to collaborate with Davido for any future performances. Both frames present the government’s denial as a clarification against misinformation, without confirming any earlier action taken against Davido.