Israel and Hezbollah agree to renew a ceasefire in Lebanon that is set to begin at 4 p.m. local time on Friday, according to a senior U.S. official cited by Reuters and reported by multiple outlets. The reported agreement follows fresh exchanges of fire earlier in the day, after a last-minute flare-up of violence in which authorities and reports say multiple people are killed in Lebanon and four Israeli soldiers are killed. Some coverage also says Israeli strikes overnight Thursday killed at least 18 people in southern Lebanon. Several reports describe U.S. and Qatar-based negotiators working on the deal, with assistance from Iran, and frame the ceasefire as linked to wider regional diplomacy. At the same time, outlets say Iran’s peace-related talks are postponed, and that a ceasefire in Lebanon is presented by Iran and/or Hezbollah as necessary for those talks to proceed. One Israeli-source report says Israel will pause attacks for the time being, with prior strikes described as a defined response to recent Hezbollah drone attacks. Other reporting notes calls and warnings from Israeli officials that any violation could prompt forceful retaliation, while questions remain about whether hostilities continue immediately around the truce start.