President Donald Trump tells Axios that he no longer views Anthropic as a national security threat, reversing a more aggressive stance taken by the White House in recent months. Multiple outlets report that Trump’s change in view comes after meetings connected to a G7 summit in France, where he met tech leaders including Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei. Reporting also links the shift to Anthropic’s response to a recent U.S. export-control directive. Earlier in the month, the White House ordered Anthropic to obtain government approval before allowing foreign individuals, companies, or nations to access its Fable 5 and Mythos 5 AI models, reflecting concerns about foreign access to advanced technology. Quartz and other summaries describe Trump as saying Anthropic responded “very quickly” to the directive. NDTV adds that the policy shift follows concerns about foreign access and recent U.S. export-control restrictions. Overall, the accounts agree that Trump’s comments mark a notable downgrade of Anthropic’s threat status, while the government’s prior approval requirement and export-control context remain part of the narrative.
Trump says he no longer views Anthropic as a national security threat
President Donald Trump tells Axios that he no longer views Anthropic as a national security threat, reversing a more aggressive stance taken by the White House in recent months. Multiple outlets repor...
- Trump says in an Axios interview that he no longer views Anthropic as a national security threat.
- The change follows interactions that include meetings connected to a G7 summit in France with Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei.
- Earlier in the month, the White House ordered Anthropic to get government approval before foreign parties can access its Fable 5 and Mythos 5 models.
- Reports say the shift is tied to Anthropic’s response to a U.S. export-control directive restricting foreign access.
- Officials’ concerns center on the risk of foreign access to advanced AI models.
The president said Anthropic CEO Dario Amodei responded "very quickly" to an export control directive restricting foreign access to two AI models
2 months agoTrump and other G7 leaders met with tech bosses, including Amodei, at a summit in France this week
2 months agoPresident Donald Trump has reportedly reconsidered his stance on Anthropic as a national security threat. The White House earlier this month ordered the artificial intelligence startup to get government approval before permitting foreign individuals, companies or nations from accessing its Fable 5 and Mythos 5 models. But in an interview with Axios published Friday […] The post White House Says Anthropic No Longer Security Threat appeared first on PYMNTS.com.
2 months agoAnthropic’s senior technical staff met with Trump administration officials this week as the company sought to allay the government’s concerns
2 months agoDonald Trump said he no longer views Anthropic as a national security threat after talks with the AI company. The shift follows concerns over foreign access to advanced AI models and recent U.S. export-control restrictions.
2 months agoMark Carney to hold news conference after failed Canada–U.S. trade talks
Finance Minister Mark Carney is scheduled to hold a news conference following failed trade negotiations between Canada a...
Michael Wright, star of ‘The Five Heartbeats’ and ‘V,’ dies at 70
Actor Michael Wright, known for his performances in “The Five Heartbeats” and the TV series “V,” dies at age 70, accordi...
Australian hotel group to remove key cards, using digital access instead
Multiple Australian outlets report that a hotel group is moving to eliminate physical key cards. Instead of using cards...