Air raid sirens sound in Bahrain and Kuwait after Iran’s Revolutionary Guards say they carry out missile and drone attacks on U.S. military sites in the Gulf. Multiple outlets describe the Iranian action as retaliation for a new round of U.S. strikes on Iran, which the United States conducts after attacks on commercial vessels transiting the Strait of Hormuz. Reuters-cited reporting says the Revolutionary Guards target locations including Bandar Salman and Bahrain’s Fifth Naval District, as well as Ali Al Salem Air Base in Kuwait, and they also report shooting down a U.S. MQ9 drone that they say was attempting to interfere. Kuwaiti authorities report confronting “hostile” missile and drone attacks. Other accounts add that the broader U.S. campaign involves strikes on Iran-linked military-related targets, and that the situation escalates amid a fragile ceasefire, with Iran also asserting strikes on multiple countries and more than one U.S. facility being hit. The reports collectively portray a deterioration in the ceasefire and an intensifying cycle of action and retaliation centered on shipping in the Strait of Hormuz.
Iran targets U.S. sites in Bahrain and Kuwait after U.S. strikes over Strait of Hormuz
Air raid sirens sound in Bahrain and Kuwait after Iran’s Revolutionary Guards say they carry out missile and drone attacks on U.S. military sites in the Gulf. Multiple outlets describe the Iranian act...
- Air raid sirens are reported in Bahrain and Kuwait following Iran-linked missile and drone attacks.
- Iran’s Revolutionary Guards say they target U.S. military sites in Bahrain and Kuwait, including Bandar Salman, Bahrain’s Fifth Naval District, and Kuwait’s Ali Al Salem Air Base.
- Kuwaiti officials report air defences confronting hostile missile and drone attacks.
- The Revolutionary Guards also say they shoot down a U.S. MQ9 drone during the operation.
- The strikes are described as retaliation for U.S. military action related to attacks on tankers or shipping in the Strait of Hormuz.
Tehran retaliates against US bases in Gulf states as fragile ceasefire unravels following renewed attacks and oil sanctions.
US-Iran War Live Updates: Iran warns it will target Gulf energy infrastructure if the US launches fresh strikes, as Trump hardens his stance. Kuwait says it destroyed hostile drones, while tanker incidents near Oman deepen regional security concerns.
3 weeks agoIran's army said it launched attacks on strategic U.S. assets and military bases in Kuwait and Bahrain.
3 weeks agoIranian army claims strikes on US facilities in Kuwait The Iranian army said it carried out attacks against "strategic US centres" in Kuwait using drones, in response to an American strike on a residential home in Qeshm that killed several family members. According to the statement, the targets included fighter jet shelters, satellite communication systems and equipment warehouses at the Ahmad al-Jaber Air Base. "Crimes, sanctions, and threats make Iran more united and coherent in its sacred defence," the statement added.
3 weeks agoBy Parisa Hafezi, Ahmed Tolba and Ahmed ElimamDUBAI/CAIRO, July 29 (Reuters) - The United States launched on Wednesday its first airstrikes in the Middle East since suspending its bombing campaign last week, hitting Iran-backed armed groups in Iraq jointly with Saudi Arabia, while Tehran spurned an Omani plan to manage the Strait of Hormuz.Iran said it had fired on ships in the strait and at U.S. bases in Jordan, and oil prices rose again as renewed combat and diplomatic setbacks signalled no quick end to the war the United States and Israel started in February.
3 weeks agoThe conflict between the US and Iran has escalated significantly, with mutual strikes reported across several Middle Eastern nations. Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) issued a public warning on Friday for civilians to stay at least 500 meters away from US military personnel. Iranian state media claimed forces launched drone strikes against US military facilities in Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, and Iraq, alongside an alleged strike on an Amazon data center in Bahrain. Simultaneously, US forces conducted a 13th consecutive night of strikes against Iranian military targets. Iranian authorities reported that US strikes in Khuzestan province killed at least four people and injured five, while a separate US attack damaged an IRGC naval base in Gilan province.
4 weeks ago
Iran-linked hackers reportedly disrupt UK power network for four days
Iran-linked hackers reportedly carry out a major cyber attack on part of the UK’s power network, forcing a generator to...
Paramount and 12 states spar over antitrust bid to block Paramount–Warner Bros. Discovery merger
Paramount Skydance is challenging an antitrust lawsuit filed by 12 U.S. states seeking to block its planned acquisition...
Homeowner reports fire linked to solar panels during UK net-zero rollout
A homeowner, Mark Evans, says his house catches fire after his solar panels ignite, with a neighbor alerting him that th...